Join Us at the White House December 16

Join what will be the largest veteran-led civil resistance in U.S. history. We will meet in Lafayette Park at 10 am for a short rally, followed by civil resistance at the White House. We welcome your participation on any level, from attending the rally to risking arrest to sending a financial contribution. For more information, email stopthesewars@gmail.com.

This entry was posted in Upcoming Action. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Join Us at the White House December 16

1. Lisa Ostrouch says:

I am not a veteran, but I would like to offer support. Can I protest with you on December 16?

Thank you to all you veterans who take a stand against the wars!

2. Dave Hancock says:

Hey, guys…

See you all in DC on 16Dec’10.

Best Wishes,

Dave Hancock
    VfP chapter 021 (NJ)

3. I TOO AM AGAINST THE WARS. I THINK WE SHOULD SPEND OUR TIME AND RESOURCES HEALING THE NATION & THE COUNTRIES WE HAVE ALL BUT DESTROYED. MASS MURDER IS NOT SOMETHING I WANT TO PAY OR FIGHT FOR. I JOINED THE NAVY & WENT TO VIET NAM BACK IN THE 1960s. HAD I KNOWN THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW I WOULD NOT HAVE JOINED THE MILITARY. OUR GOVERNMENT KEEPS US SO BROKE MANY YOUNG MEN THINK THEY HAVE NO ALTERNATIVE BUT TO JOIN. LET US BRING BACK A “HEMP” ECONOMY AND MAKE OUR CHILDREN WEALTHY, GIVING THEM AN ALTERNATIVE. MIKE..

4. I’m marching alongside our Veterans for Peace.

5. Cate says:

I am proud to be there as well. I will also do some promotion on my blog and Twitter, and hang this poster in my dorm.

6. Margarita says:

I am marching too.
    See you in DC.

7. GDAEman says:

Very inspiring. $8 billion/month for the war machine. That’s about the cost of cleaning up the Chesapeake Bay we need between now and 2025.

Looking forward to more details on the event. Thanks!

8. Bev Rice says:

I’ll be down on the 15th for the direct action the next day. Save me a sleeping space.

9. Curt Day says:

If I can clear my schedule for that day, I will be there.

10. HerrSchultz says:

How about setting up an additional website tab for organizing protests in other parts of the country? Many people will be unable to travel to Washington DC but would be able to organize and mount local protests in their cities and regions. Your website would be a great central organizing tool for all of the USA to connect and be seen and heard.

• joe smith says:

I too will be unable to attend the DC event and think HerSchultz has a great idea…and to have another country wide protest, as in pre war, March 2003 anti Iraq war rally, with Veterans groups leading the way. I was photographing in San Francisco and there must have been 300,000 people there and this can happen again. If we don’t cry out, then our silence is acceptance

Peace………………………joe smith

• Dave says:

Great idea.
      El Paso, TX, here.

11. Shelly says:

Protest = I am angry dear Government Of Wars, I will stomp my feet and yell as loud as I can – just to let ya know I’ma angry and I am telling you about it by Protesting!

Non-Compliance= I will not abide nor comply with these rules of law and I will do this by my constitutional rights. I will NOT Comply!

Now…which is better? Protest (ra ra ra?)
    In other words…they don’t give a hoot! If you yell, protest and scream….it appears to them a crying sheeple…then you go away – overtime is has been forgotten.

12. Marc Adin says:

I’ll be there. Count on it. From carbon copies to email, it’s the same old lying, deceptive, evil, murderous crap. No more angry words. Action now. Get up and DO something.

1969, VietNam, II Corps, 4th Infantry Division, Kontum, Ben Het
    100% Service Connected Disabled
    VVAW

• Dave Ross says:

Look forward to seeing you. You may be 100% disabled but clearly you are still a warrior and 100% unbroken in spirit. I will be honored to march with you.

Dave Ross
      Medic / 1st Inf / Dec 65 – July 67

13. Pingback: Tweets that mention Join Us at the White House December 16 | WELCOME TO STOP THESE WARS -- Topsy.com

14. Dave Ross says:

Obama! Who did you think you were voting for – Martin Luther King or Malcolm X?The White House is about the only place in D.C. where I haven’t been arrested, beaten or turned back. I spent Christmas in jail back in 71 during the “Christmas bombing” and I may well spend this one as well – I’m not giving them a dime because they’ll just buy another bullet with it. Once again, I hope to see a lot of friends from Vets for Peace and Vietnam Veterans Against the War. “Duty, honor, country” no longer has anything whatsoever to do with the Government of the United States of America. Duty, honor, country lives in the streets.

Dave Ross
    Medic
    1st Infantry, Vietnam Dec 65 – July 67

15. sandy robbins says:

I am proud to honor our Veterans this way…and am doing whatever I can to get there to D.C. We must all show true Patriotism and respect for our Constitution…we can and will show up and be heard…our Veterans as well as the world deserve nothing less!

16. javaid aslam says:

Could somebody please help me understand–
    Why has the Commission on Deficit reduction not said anything about the defense budget cut?
    Social security and tax can be cut. But the defense budget remains UN-TOUCHED?!

17. patricia a diskin says:

I will definitely be there on the 15th and plan to be part of the action. nurse vietnam 66, VFP greenfield MA

18. Pingback: Come to DC on December 16! VFP led action at the White House - WhiteNewsNow.com Forums

19. Art James says:

`
    Thanks.
    Fist Air Calvary.
    Drafted in june 69.
    Wounded on Feb. 10, 70.
    Let’s believe in goodness.
    Beauty is literally goodness.
    Hi Helen etc., Vet For Peace.
    I gave up official membership.
    In heart, I am a peaceful human.
    Great seeing `Veterans For Peace.
    great gouda blueberry. no comment.
    Poet Leonard Cohen wrote and sing`
    `
    Ring the bells that still can ring.
    Forget your perfect offerings.
    There is crack in everything.
    That’s how the light gets in.
    `
    Beauty, brokenness, good,
    and intimate relationship.
    on and on …

20. Art James says:

not “Fist Air Cav.
    but`First (grunt)

21. Larry Westby says:

Ive been sitting here for 9 years reading .. studying .. and going… am i the only one that smells what im smelling … where the f^%& is/was my generation…( 60′s & 70′s vietnam era) this is heartening to see they/you are out there and alive… and fed up with the sold out leadership from top to bottom of our once great country .. .. it is time for a change… love and peace ..may the force be with us all…

• Shea Brown says:

Our country and the heart of our country is still sound and good, it is just that the federal government does not serve our country,, it serves itself and the businesses who purchase its influence, and who give out the contracts.
      Look around,, most people do not understand why we are now serving our federal government instead of our government serving us. The federal government has become its own corporation, working for high wages,, spending most of its energies on justifying bloated budgets, that serve only to justify large salaries of administrators. Lump all federal agencies together,, call it what it really has become,,” the U.S. Federal Corporation of America”, working for itself,, planning for itself,, paying itself very handsomely, and paying for its wealth with our taxes. The federal government has become more powerful than any group of citizens, and absolute power corrupts.
      Obama, who seemed to promise change to this structure only became the new CEO of this corporation. But still,, I am hopeful,, we see America waking up just a little more every day. Keep hoping and fussing,, the truth will always eventually come to light and win over deception. Merry Christmas Bradley Manning,, the reincarnation of the Vietnam era rebel.

22. Pingback: WELCOME TO STOP THESE WARS « THE INTERNET POST

23. Pingback: STOP THESE WARS – Join Us at the White House December 16 · Bizarre – Oddities

24. Winyan Staz says:

If my dearly departed war hero, Navy Seal, Black Baret, PT Boat Commander, Purple Heart war vet hubby had not died…I am sure he would be joining you guys.
    Even if he cannot be there in person…I am sure his spirit will be marching by your side.
    My prayers are with all our vets.
    America needs you all now to stand tall for America and the Constitution here at home.
    We need you..we love you and we are here for you.

25. I will do my best to be there, I am not a veteran my father wanted me to stay out of war, he was drafted in the korean war. I will be proud to stand aghainst the wars along with hopefully thousands of others, either at the rally or in spirit I will see you there.

26. Terry says:

There are many steps that need to be taken to cut the legs out from the endless war machine. This is but one.

Not a veteran, but I plan to stand with every brave man & woman willing to take a stand against this madness.

Just one question for anyone here …. can you post your own bail or pay your own fine if arrested? I’ve been there, but not in DC.

27. Harry Hill says:

I’ll be there from Fayette, MO.

28. Thomas Brinson says:

As I emailed some of you:

I’M BBBBAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK — See ya in DC . . .

Viva Nonviolent Resistance !~!~!

Thomas Brinson,
    Veteran Nonviolent Resister
    as well as an
    Activist Poet/Dramatist,
    Who Sometimes Asks Poetically-correct Questions

127 Tinker Street
    Woodstock, NY 12498

631-889-0203; ltbrin@earthlink.net

Always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question
    ee cummings